Rice is a very popular grain food and its numerous kinds are grown in different parts of the world according to climatic conditions. In fact the natural factors of a region determine what could be grown there. Pakistan fortunately has such a fertile soil and other conditions that allow farmers to grow the best rice of world in its pluvial areas. Pakistani Rice has characteristics that are peculiar so always in demand in every corner of earth. Many types of dishes are prepared with it and few of them are quite popular among masses of various regions. In Subcontinent Biryani and Pulao are very famous for decades due to its taste and use of chicken in them as an intrinsic ingredient. I would like to share a recipe that could let you enjoy taste of Chicken Biryani with a great ease.
- Basmati Rice 1kg
- Chicken 1kg
- Oil 2Cups
- Onions (Sliced) 4
- Ginger & Garlic Pas 4 Table Spoons
- Red Tomatoes (Chopped) 2
- Black pepper Powder 1 Table Spoon
- Salt 1 Table Spoon
- Cinnamon Sticks 4
- Cardamom (Green) 4
- Cloves 6
- yogurt (Beaten) 0.7 kg
- Coriander & Mint 2 Hand full
- Fresh Green Chili 4
Steps of Cooking
- Soak Basmati Rice in water before starting the cooking
- Put 2 cups of Oil in kettle heat it and add spices into it and sliced onions too keep frying till onions get slightly brown.
- Now you can add ginger & garlic paste in it and keep stirring slightly for a minute or two.
- Add pieces of chicken in it and cook them well along with other ingredients.
- Then put well beaten yogurt and red chopped tomatoes in the same kettle and keep on cooking till tomatoes get softer.
- Now add black pepper and salt in it along with a cup of water and make the underneath flame low for five minutes.
- Now put coriander, mint and fresh green chilies in it and after few minutes take the kettle off from hearth.
- Take another pot fill it with four liter water and add salt to taste along with 1 stick of cinnamon, two green cardamom and cloves. Let the water boil.
- Add soaked rice in boiling water and keep them boiling till ¾ done. During that time strain excessive oil from chicken gravy.
- Strain rice through strainer.
- Now make layers of chicken gravy and boiled rice in a bigger pot and put it on hearth with very dim flame for 10 to 15 minutes. The pot must have a tight lid so that Biryani gets fine ending touch.
- Now it is ready for serving.
I hope you will try it with my easy steps of cooking and enjoy tasty chicken biryani of Sub continental style.
Source by Soraya Tami
Disclaimer: Active links in article are done by InoxBey.com. The article author did not include or endorse these active links.
#Continental #Chicken #Biryani #Easy #Cooking #Steps