Given that milk has a certain viscosity, milk pumps must meet the following requirements:
- supply and pumping of milk should occur evenly;
- all internal cavities must be accessible for washing;
- the design should be easy to disassemble, or suitable for CIP cleaning in assembled form;
- the device must produce sufficient pressure at the outlet
Most often, for milk and other low-viscosity products, centrifugal pumps are used. They fully meet all the specified requirements.
Advantages and disadvantages of centrifugal milk pumps
- The advantages of centrifugal pumps are:
- design simplicity and lack of a drive mechanism (the electric pump is located on the motor shaft);
- for installation there is no need for a base;
- compactness, small size and weight;
- supply uniform and simple adjustment of the pressure, by means of a valve on the pipeline;
- simple quick disassembly and assembly during flushing;
- convenient connection of pipelines;
- reliability and long service life.